How to get here
If you drive from the airport to San Jose the easiest way to get out of the city is to ask a taxi driver to bring you to the exit Guapiles-Limon. This is the highway nr 32. He will probably charge you around $20.
If you prefer the adventurous way, you can follow these instructions: (or see the google map below)
- From the Alajuela SJO Airport you drive for about 8 km East to San Jose. On your right hand side, you will see the Hospital de Mexico. About 20 minutes drive.
- After the Hospital de Mexico, take the exit to La Uruca and take the third exit on the Rotonda driving below the highway you just got off of. This will take you to stop lights and crossing, take a right, you’ll have the cookie factory Pozuelo on your left hand (you’ll smell it!) and Citroen on your right. About 3 minutes drive.
- Go straight until you get to the Mercedes / Jeep and Chrysler Car Dealer on the left side. About 20 minutes drive.
- After the garage Mercedes/Jeep/Chrysler you will see a Shell gas station at a Y-junction, keep right.
- Follow the road towards san jose up to the next gas station on the left side. About 5 minutes drive.
- Right after the gas station take a left turn, drive for a about a mile and get to stop light, then take first right and after 100 meters you get to Limon bus station on the right side, then turn first left and follow the curvy road around the Ulacit University, maintain left on the curve to avoid going into san jose, you will get to a crossroad and stops lights, the Republica Newspaper Compnay should be on your left, now you are ready to get on the highway to Limon #32.
- Follow the road (nr. 32) to Puerto Limón through Braulio Carrillo National Park and you will pass Costa Rica’s only tunnel. About 30 minutes drive up to the tunnel.
- Follow this road to Guápiles and keep going straight. About 30 minutes drive.
- After Guapiles you will pass Siquirres, Matina, Batan and other towns, you will finally reach the coast at Puerto Limón. About 60 minutes drive.
- As you aproach limon, you will see the fruit companies containers. This is the biggest harbor of Costa Rica.
- After passing a cementary on both sides of the read, in Puerto Limón you turn right at the second traffic light next to a Texaco gas station on your right, take the direction Cahuita / Puerto Viejo/ Manzanillo. About 60 minutes drive.
- In Puerto Viejo, follow the paved road alongside the beach. The Tree House Lodge Hotel is located 5 km south from Puerto Viejo. Follow the road towards Manzanillo. You will cross several small neighborhoods. About 20 minutes drive.
- At Playa Chiquita you can’t miss the speed bump in front of the school on the right side.
- 200 meters after the speed bump, you will find the Tree House Lodge Hotel and Iguanaverde Foundation on your left. Look for the following sign on the left.
We offer private transportation to the Tree House Lodge Hotel. At any time, our driver will wait for you at the airport or hotel and bring you down. We provide an air-conditioned mini van for up to 12 people. The trip from San Jose to the Tree House Lodge takes around 4 to 5 hours.
|Number of People||Price|